Enroll in Service-Learning Training
The first step toward becoming a Service-Learning practitioner at ACC is to take our Service-Learning Training. Learn how to adhere to the rigorous academic requirements of equitable community-engaged service-learning and develop a syllabus that includes a collaborative, critical, caring, and equity-centered service-learning project with a community partner. Receive full support along the way!
The training is offered in two formats:
(1) A 6-week synchronous online Summer Institute; or
(2) A self-paced asynchronous online format offered year-round.
See our Event Calendar [link] for more information on upcoming training sessions. Inquire with the Service-Learning Program Coordinator about training for your department or program.
Upon successful completion of the program you’ll receive the following:
- Training in the best practices for designing equitable community-engaged service-learning courses
- Membership in a community of equity- and community-focused ACC educators
- Credentials allowing you to propose a Service-Learning Project and teach a Service-Learning (SVL) course
- Service-Learning Fellow Level 1 Award
- A stipend of $200 and 10 hours professional development credit
Click here to enroll in Service-Learning Training now.