Enroll in Service-Learning Training
Service-Learning Faculty Training
The first step toward becoming a Service-Learning practitioner at ACC is to take our Service-Learning Faculty Training. Learn how to adhere to the rigorous academic requirements of equitable community-engaged service-learning and develop a syllabus that includes a collaborative, critical, caring, and equity-centered service-learning project with a community partner. Receive full support along the way!
The training is offered in two formats:
(1) A three-week synchronous online Summer Institute; or
(2) A self-paced asynchronous online format offered year-round.
See our Event Calendar [link] for more information on upcoming training sessions.
Upon successful completion of the program you’ll receive the following:
- Training in the best practices for designing equitable community-engaged service-learning courses
- Membership in a community of equity- and community-focused ACC educators
- Credentials allowing you to propose a Service-Learning Project and teach a Service-Learning (SVL) course
- “Service-Learning Faculty Member” title
- A stipend of $150 and 6 hours professional development credit (plus the opportunity to apply for an additional $150 stipend after implementing a service-learning project for one semester)
- The opportunity to apply for further Service-Learning Faculty Fellowships
Click here to enroll in Service-Learning Asynchronous Online Faculty Training now.