Looking for a way to get involved outside of the classroom? The easiest way to find service opportunities that fit into your schedule is to visit ACC on GivePulse.
GivePulse enables ACC and our community partners to post upcoming volunteer opportunities for students to engage with. You can filter the opportunities according to your interest or major, to make sure that your serving organizations you truly care about!
To join GivePulse, check out the ACC GivePulse page!
Online and Remote Service Opportunities
Want to help your community from the comfort of your own home? The following service opportunities are available remotely. If you are pursuing these opportunities in order to fulfill a service hour requirement for class, be sure to consult with your Professor to make sure that these opportunities will count toward your requirement.
- Project Gutenberg Volunteer – Help convert public domain literature into E-Books for Project Gutenberg. For more information, visit the Distributed Proofreaders Website.
- Prison Letter Writing – For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or PAPS Facebook.
- SAFE Austin – Compile craft kits, design holiday decorations, or donate food and positive affirmation to SAFE clientele through some of SAFE’s remote volunteer programs. See more information on the SAFE website.
- Bookshare – If you have a scanner at home, help people with disabilities access the written world by scanning books or cleaning up the files used to create accessible books. Sign up at https://www.bookshare.org/cms/get-involved/volunteer/opportunities-us
- The Human Voicebank – Read a few sentences to contribute your voice to be used in assistive technology for people who are unable to vocalize. Learn more at https://www.vocalid.co/voicebank.